Rick Travers has 30 years of legal experience, 26 in the Vail Valley, with a focus on real estate acquisition and development, business and corporate matters, hospitality, and homeowner association law. He has overseen development projects throughout the Vail Valley and the State of Colorado, including the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon, Colorado and The Broadmoor Brownstones and The Broadmoor West Residence developments in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He also acts as counsel to numerous business, corporate and association clients.
- Lead attorney on recently approved master community in Eagle County, Colorado with density of over 500 residential units and over 150,000 square feet of commercial space. Overseeing related due diligence review and purchase, land use approvals, development and resale of approximately 370 acres of land.
- Handled all aspects of land acquisition, land use entitlements, legal and multi-association planning, project covenants, leasing and development and sale matters related to a master community in Avon, Colorado, with development costs estimated at $500 million, including the development of a major hotel project with development costs estimated at $200 million and its complex integration with an adjacent vacation club project.
- Oversaw the redevelopment of a major Vail resort with gross sales values of new units estimated at $132 million, together with the sophisticated legal structuring of new unit development and sales within this existing project.
- Land use entitlements, legal multi-association planning, project covenants and development and sale matters related to a large land development in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Handled the land acquisition, development and other legal matters related to a 2,000 unit residential/mixed-use community in Eagle, Colorado.
- Involved in the preparation of all project documents for a major mixed-use master community in lower downtown Denver, as well as for several individual developments within such community.
- Significant contributor to the legal and multi-association planning for several resort village communities, including Beaver Creek Village, Bachelor Gulch Village and Aspen Highlands Village in Colorado, Northstar Village in California and Village at Empire Pass in Utah.
- Has overseen the planning and development of a high number of individual real estate projects, including residential condominium, mixed-use residential and commercial, hotel development, land projects, golf communities and large mixed-use planned communities. Projects have been throughout Colorado, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, Aspen, Carbondale, Winter Park, Denver, Colorado Springs, Edwards, Avon and Eagle.
Admitted Colorado, 1990 and Ohio, 1986
Member, Colorado Bar Association
Member, Real Estate Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association
Member, Business Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association
Member, Continental Divide Bar Association
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1986
Master of Business Administration, magna cum laude, Case Western Reserve University, 1986
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, University of Notre Dame, 1980